Language and Control
Classes in English
In this part of the website all our classes are taught in English
Enroll over the phone
Your feedback on our classes
Our classes: info and coupons
Our Photography Staff
A Photographic Journey in Iceland
*** Dates of the photo trip: 5 days from Monday August 26th to Friday August 30th 2013 ***
*** Note: Workshop price does not include airfare ***
*** Possibility of payment in 5 bank transferts without charges ***
This photographic tour along the southern coast of Iceland will introduce you to some of the island’s best features: waterfalls, lava fields, glaciers and fjords.
Iceland is the perfect terrain for this landscape based photo workshop - it is, afterall, indredibly photogenic. No previous experience in landscape photography is necessary. On the sixth day, you can take advantage of the pleasant city of Reykjavik before taking a flight home. If you would like to extend your visit in Iceland, our team is happy to help with any advice on touristic and logistic matters.
Participants are expected to know the basics of photography, but elements such as composition, aperture, lighting will be taught on a need-to-know basis. We offer 50% off on introductory photography classes for those in need, as a preparation for the trip. Participants are strongly encouraged to bring their own laptops, when possible, to facilitate the processing of their own images. A large memory-card is also strongly encouraged, as they allow more freedom while on the trip. (minimum two cards of 8Go)
Gudmundur Ingolfsson, your guide, is a native Icelander and well-known photographer - he’ll be your photography instructor as well as your chauffeur. Professionally, he has extensively photographed theater arts, architecture, and culinary creations. His personal work deals more with Icelandic landscapes, both urban and rural. For more information about his photographic background, consult his photographer's page.
Please note that the group is limited to 5 participants, since we believe smaller groups create better, one-on-one learning environments. The primary language spoken during the workshop will be English (since most Icelanders speak English fluently). Gudmundur also speaks German, Danish, and a little French.
Below is a day-by-day itinerary. We are always thinking about weather and we will adapt the program to fit the weather if need be.
The trip can be paid in phases of several french checks, with a down payment of 75% of the total cost before the beginning of the trip.
Lesphotographes.org is not a travel agency. You must consider this as a personnal trip with a guide. **Mandatory**: You must take care of your own insurance: purchase cancellation insurance and repatriation assistance with your insurance company. We refuse any responsability in case of accidents or cancellations.
Each of the four nights, you will stay in a comfortable double bedroom in a hotel, breakfast included. (Fosshotel Mosfell, Fosshotel Vatnajökull, and Fosshotel Skaftafell). Lunch will come in the form of a hearty picnic, to be eaten on location. You are free, however, to make your own plans for dinner.
The group will be driven to the various destinations in a large van. Please try to limit your packing to one suitcase per person plus your photo equipment. Those wishing to work with a large format camera are asked to contact us in advance. Please be prepared for any kind of weather (i.e warm clothes, caps, and mittens or gloves).
We suggest you arrive in Iceland on the early morning flight on August 26th. You will be picked up at the airport and will dive right in to the Icelandic landscape. At the end of your trip, you will stay one night in Reykjavik (the night of August 30th). The workshop officially ends the morning of the 31th. Reykjavik is a charming city so feel free to extend your trip beyond the dates of the photo workshop.
Day-by-day itinerary (please find map below):
- Day 1: From Reykjavík to Reykjanes, the peninsula south of Keflavík airport. We will pass hot springs and beautiful shorelines as we drive southeast along the coast towards the town of Hella.
- Day 2: From Hella, we’ll pass two waterfalls (Seljalandsfoss and Skógarfoss) while heading to the coast at Vik. Highlights include fantastic lava fields at Kirkjubæjarklaustur, plus another waterfall (Foss á Síðu). It will be a long day, pausing at Jökulsárlón (the famous bay where the glacier Vatnajökull melts into the ocean) and finishing in the town of Hornafjördur.
- Day 3: From Hornafjördur, we’ll visit the fjord to the East, but the majority of the day will be spent at Jökulsárlón and on the shore.
- Day 4: For the early risers, we could make an early morning visit to Jökulsárlón. Then we’ll drive back west, visiting Gullfoss (waterfall) and Geysir (a spouting hot spring) en route to Reykjavík, where you will spend the last night.
- Day 5: In the morning, you are free to explore the capital on your own. In the afternoon, you’ll meet with the group one last time at Gudmundur’s photography studio for lunch and to discuss the editing of your photos.
The workshop price includes:
- Lodging, 4 nights in hotels
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Group transportation during workshop
The workshop price does NOT include:
- Airfare tickets
- Dinner meals
- Lodging before and/or after the workshop dates
- Personal expenses
You feedback on this workshop